Thursday 12th August

Rose's blog

Moderator: Jeff

Rose
RNLI Supporter
RNLI Supporter

Thursday 12th August

Post by Rose »

Where are we? Its been four days since we locked out of St Katherine Dock. Our stay there was so busy that the weeks seemed to fly by. So much so that it already seems like a long time ago. We had Jeff's parents staying with us for the last few days which was really nice and they were able to leave the lock with us and sail down the Thames which, as the sun was out this time, was really quite special. I was sad to leave though. Having such a hectic social life and being able to see so many friends made a nice change as the last few months have mostly been just the three of us. I think a part of me really didn't want to leave and I felt quite stressed on the morning we locked out. Also I woke up with butterflies and I realised that in my head leaving London was the big turn around where for me our journey changed from hoping leisurely along the coast and exploring to become the final push and leg up to Whitby and the wedding. There is still so much to organise and now I fear time is going to start speeding up somewhat! Trying to organise wedding favours, decorations, flowers and bridesmaids whilst bobbing about at sea is not the easiest task. So now I am feeling a bit torn. Once we had actually set off I was glad to be on the go again and suddenly felt I could breath a bit easier, like I had been holding it in for a while. It was nice to be able to have a view again and as we sailed away from London and then Queensbrough, accompanied by a small flotilla, I felt the familiar calmness I get at sea. My head felt clearer. I don't really want this journey to end and now I can see the finish line for the first time, for this leg at least. But as I say I am torn because on the other hand I really want to get on with all the wedding arrangements that I simple can't do from the boat and until I can get on with them they are gnawing away at me and are constantly in the back of my mind. Ah well what will be will be. I will try and make the most of our last few weeks before land beckons for the winter. I think our aim is still to get to Whitby by mid September at the very latest, probably before that which means only five or so weeks left at the most! Good grief! We want to keep Isabella in the water for a while to take family and friends out for trips before we take her out for the winter but I think we will ask to be put somewhere where we don't get too blocked in just in case we decided to head off up north earlier than intended. See I am mentally moving on already and we haven't even got there yet!

Here's the big question; On arriving in Whitby should it be Trenchers or the Magpie? Ah the age old debate eh?!

Peace out! (no idea)
To join our mailing list and receive notification of blog updates, please send an email to watchblog@yacht-forum.co.uk and we'll keep you posted. You do not need to sign up to the forum to do this, and we absolutely WILL NOT share your contact details, or send you anything but notifications of new blog entries.
Rose
RNLI Supporter
RNLI Supporter

Post by Rose »

Oh how could I forget?! The sail from Queensborough to Brightlingsea (where we are now anchored) shall be hence forth know as the day of the porpoises! Three of them in one day arcing out of the waves. I have never seen any before. I didn't quite know what to do. I think I let out a squeak in the end. It seem appropriate :)
To join our mailing list and receive notification of blog updates, please send an email to watchblog@yacht-forum.co.uk and we'll keep you posted. You do not need to sign up to the forum to do this, and we absolutely WILL NOT share your contact details, or send you anything but notifications of new blog entries.