First post

Rose's blog

Moderator: Jeff

Rose
RNLI Supporter
RNLI Supporter

First post

Post by Rose »

Right so Jeff is blatantly over excited about this trip, the planning and organization and this blog. Therefore he has been pestering me for the last 24 hours to post something here. Unfortunately for him my head is currently full of wedding plans and as I have spent most of today driving from the boat to the flat and then preparing him a 3 course, pretty ambitious, meal for his birthday, this has been my first opportunity to sit down and write something.

In Jeff's first post he pretty much described all about our recent boating history and also about our recent engagement and our planned trip round tHE UK with a stop off to get married next autumn in our home town of Whitby- so I will not bother repeating all that. Having said that I must point out that although Jeff's decision to pack up house, set sail and live aboard for the next year or so didn't surprise me (Jeff is always so full of surprises and new obsessions that I am no longer shocked at the latest craze or plan) I have probably taken a little longer to warm to the idea. We only started sailing a year and a half ago and shortly after Jeff bought his first yacht I left to go and do research in the high desert of Utah for 3 months. When I returned, having missed the relative luxuries of our comfy and spacious flat, I learnt that Jeff had decided it would be an altogether brilliant idea if we left the flat, bought a bigger yacht and moved aboard; to live.

Ok, I admit, I was a bit perturbed by this latest idea, but after much debating with myself I realised that Jeff needed to do this and that life on board would be a challenge I thought we could both live up to. The rest is history. When the idea to sail round the UK came about I am not quite sure. I do know that when I agreed to live aboard I got a puppy and now that I have agreed to cruise round the country I have a ring on my finger. Coincidence?

Anyway I am currently sat here waiting for Jeff to stop selling all our worldly goods on ebay and freecycle so that I can start astounding him with the meal I have created for him. Please bear in mind that I normally cook in the cramped space aboard and so I may have gone a bit mad with culinary artistic flair, taking advantage of our spacious kitchen- Jeff may not be well enough to post tomorrow!

Right to the oven, via the fridge as I need a glass of wine! Its a long way from the living room to the kitchen, I am not used to it!

:)

--

Some information links:

Blog Resources - map, sponsors, technical info etc...

Yacht Isabella - Our Home & Transport...

Interactive map of our progress...

Our sponsors and people who have helped us along the way...

How to donate to our cause, the RNLI...

To join our mailing list and receive notification of blog updates, please send an email to watchblog@yacht-forum.co.uk and we'll keep you posted. You do not need to sign up to the forum to do this, and we absolutely WILL NOT share your contact details, or send you anything but notifications of new blog entries.
To join our mailing list and receive notification of blog updates, please send an email to watchblog@yacht-forum.co.uk and we'll keep you posted. You do not need to sign up to the forum to do this, and we absolutely WILL NOT share your contact details, or send you anything but notifications of new blog entries.