5th September 2012 - Summer Has Finally Arrived!

Jeff's blog of his life living aboard a yacht, at anchor, in the UK, with his wife, a dog and a baby.

Moderator: Jeff

Jeff
Site Admin

5th September 2012 - Summer Has Finally Arrived!

Post by Jeff »

I wrote a massive, hilarious, witty and entertaining blog post. And my laptop then crashed just before I submit it. Great!

Apart from that, nothing has gone wrong. Everything has been great.

Regatta was superb. Met lots of lovely people. Loved the fireworks.

Picked up the new anchor, it fitted perfectly on the bow roller and is huge!

Moved back now to the anchorage for a couple of nights, then my folks are coming to stay for the weekend. Nina has a touch of a cold but is still smiling.

I changed the fuel injector pump oil, and it was at the correct level when I changed it which is a sign that it is happy and running correctly.

I re-checked the main engine oil level and that was still exactly on the FULL level. So maybe I was being paranoid about it rising before.

Some pics...

Watching the air displays

Lunar watching too

Nina gets a new nautical jumper

Towser with fladry on, anchor in trolley adjacent

Weighing the anchor - it weighs 25kg

Rocna 25 KG anchor on a Nauticat 38

I can't get over how lucky we are to be able to live like this, in a place like this. I just got in the dinghy and rowed a circle around Towser, taking a picture of Towser and the background we have, all the way around...

To join our mailing list and receive notification of blog updates, please send an email to watchblog@yacht-forum.co.uk and we'll keep you posted. You do not need to sign up to the forum to do this, and we absolutely WILL NOT share your contact details, or send you anything but notifications of new blog entries.
Discus
RNLI Supporter
RNLI Supporter

Post by Discus »

Nice piccie of the anchor on the bow roller - was waiting to see the next one with the stern lifting out of the water under the weight! You can do yourself a serious mischief with the size of that thing! Glad summer has arrived, even more glad it is also summer here in Falmouth. Happy days :P