13th October 2011 - THE END

Jeff's blog of his life living aboard a yacht, at anchor, in the UK, with his wife, a dog and a baby.

Moderator: Jeff

Jeff
Site Admin

13th October 2011 - THE END

Post by Jeff »

Today we move off and sell Isabella, and go back to land. Our first child is due to be born before Christmas, and Lunar is due to have puppies around the same time.

It is very very much the end of an era, and I've got mixed emotions about it all. Isabella has been absolutely fantastic; she kept us safe throughout our adventures and our seafaring learning curve.

But there comes a time in your life when you have to settle down and get serious. I've turned 40 now and what with the prospect of our first child on the not too distant horizon - that time for me is now.

Had you going!!!?

We are indeed selling Isabella and moving back to land for the winter, to drop sprogs and puppies. But, we are then moving into our new home, for new adventures. Here is our new home for 2012 onwards...

There's quite a lot of preparation work to do to winterise the new vessel (so it doesn't got damaged by frost) and to make it seaworthy and ready for a family to live on. To be honest I'm petrified because this is quite a quantum leap from Isabella. (eg. Isabella weighs 3 tons. This wee 38 footer weighs 13 tons!)

New blog will start shortly. Entitled something like "Jeff and Rose's blog of living aboard a yacht in the UK with a dog and a baby and going to places". Think I need to work on that.

Watch this space...
To join our mailing list and receive notification of blog updates, please send an email to watchblog@yacht-forum.co.uk and we'll keep you posted. You do not need to sign up to the forum to do this, and we absolutely WILL NOT share your contact details, or send you anything but notifications of new blog entries.
Discus
RNLI Supporter
RNLI Supporter

Post by Discus »

Well, you can't be accused of doing things by halves!!!! :lol: New boat looks a beast!! Tell us more!! And yes, the first bit of the above post had me going a bit :o . Perhaps the new blog should be 'Travels in Jeff's Ark'. Going to be a busy boat!!!

Rob
Terry T
YF Newbie

Post by Terry T »

hi jeff ,

Lunar having puppies ???? Hope Brian isn't becoming a daddy :scratch: :lol:
Jeff
Site Admin

Post by Jeff »

I'll put a full spec at the start of the new blog but we've not "completed" on the purchase yet so will wait until then. Jeff's Ark! Like it! :D

LOL @ Terry :P She's not actually preggers as yet so no worries on that front. Shame though; they would have had beautiful babies together!! 8)
To join our mailing list and receive notification of blog updates, please send an email to watchblog@yacht-forum.co.uk and we'll keep you posted. You do not need to sign up to the forum to do this, and we absolutely WILL NOT share your contact details, or send you anything but notifications of new blog entries.