23rd May 2011 - In The Caledonian Canal

Jeff's blog of his life living aboard a yacht, at anchor, in the UK, with his wife, a dog and a baby.

Moderator: Jeff

Jeff
Site Admin

23rd May 2011 - In The Caledonian Canal

Post by Jeff »

My attempts to avoid mishap on friday the 13th by staying put failed. I stubbed my toe, and Lunar stood on some glass, cutting hers. :roll:

Since then we've had gale force winds, snow, and the worst 'seas' since we left Whitby!

Awesome place to be though, and lots of fun avoiding the "bumper boats" as the lock keepers refer to the many hire boats.

Surprisingly, the net has been fantastic everywhere we've been so we've really had the best of both worlds. Total seclusion combined with live-streaming BBC iPlayer. Surreal!

Some pictures...

Lunar feels sorry for herself. No walkies for a week :(

Sailing fast on Loch Ness under a scrap of jib in gale force winds

Snowy mountains, in May!

Laggan Bridge Pontoon - Where I am as I type
To join our mailing list and receive notification of blog updates, please send an email to watchblog@yacht-forum.co.uk and we'll keep you posted. You do not need to sign up to the forum to do this, and we absolutely WILL NOT share your contact details, or send you anything but notifications of new blog entries.
methodman
YF Newbie

Post by methodman »

more pics jeff!
been waiting for this part of the voyage.
STOP WORKING
Discus
RNLI Supporter
RNLI Supporter

Post by Discus »

Agree with above!!! :-) Told you the weather is a bit special up there. Mind you we had to leave Plymouth on Saturday afternoon with 7 & 8's forecast overnight and into Sunday.
Luna looks sad :-(
Jeff
Site Admin

Post by Jeff »

I'll try :)
To join our mailing list and receive notification of blog updates, please send an email to watchblog@yacht-forum.co.uk and we'll keep you posted. You do not need to sign up to the forum to do this, and we absolutely WILL NOT share your contact details, or send you anything but notifications of new blog entries.