15th April 2011 - Newcastle City Centre

Jeff's blog of his life living aboard a yacht, at anchor, in the UK, with his wife, a dog and a baby.

Moderator: Jeff

Jeff
Site Admin

15th April 2011 - Newcastle City Centre

Post by Jeff »

Took Lunar ashore to a beach for a run, dropped off the liferaft for its service, motored up to Newcastle 8)

Rowed ashore to walk the dog. Isabella at anchor and Tynemouth in the background.

Alongside at Cosalt Marine, dropping off the liferaft for its expensive service (their guess = £200 + VAT! Ouch!).

Approaching Newcastle

Approaching Newcastle

Moored up in Newcastle
To join our mailing list and receive notification of blog updates, please send an email to watchblog@yacht-forum.co.uk and we'll keep you posted. You do not need to sign up to the forum to do this, and we absolutely WILL NOT share your contact details, or send you anything but notifications of new blog entries.
methodman
YF Newbie

Post by methodman »

excellent pics jeff, so strange to think one day ur whitby, next hartlepool, then newcastle. very surreal, specially the pics of the bridges in newcastle
love the gay pirate beard as well.

heres the pic i was trying to text.
crappy cam phone, but they were biggest in harbour

Jeff
Site Admin

Post by Jeff »

Ooh yeah, that's where we were before we left for Hartlepool. What were they doing there?

Glad you like the beard :)
To join our mailing list and receive notification of blog updates, please send an email to watchblog@yacht-forum.co.uk and we'll keep you posted. You do not need to sign up to the forum to do this, and we absolutely WILL NOT share your contact details, or send you anything but notifications of new blog entries.
stu
YF Newbie

Post by stu »

Hi Jeff and Rose,
We followed you up the Tyne on our Hunter 19 and berthed behind you for a coffee. On leaving I did a bit googling and found this site. Great reading. Here's a snap I took of my phone whilst leaving. Hope the rest of your journey goes well and I also hope you enjoyed your night in the 'toon'.

Stu and Darren

Jeff
Site Admin

Post by Jeff »

Brilliant!! Thank you for the photo!!! :D :D We both remember seeing you.

Out of interest, how did you find us on Google, what did you search for?

Night on the "toon" was good thanks. A little noisy later on when people returned from their boozy river cruises, but we're used to stuff like that.

Hope you had a good trip back down river.
stu
YF Newbie

Post by stu »

I knew it was a Westerly but was not sure which one, so i took the photo and googled westerly isabella on my phone and found this site. It was a nice trip back down thank you. Its amazing (or scary) how much you can find out about people in a couple of minutes :D . Anyway, I look forward to reading your continuing saga.
Jeff
Site Admin

Post by Jeff »

Cheers Stu :)
stu
YF Newbie

Post by stu »

Hi Jeff and Rose,

I can't post a new topic so I'll have to add to this one. My boat partner (make that bit clear) Darren took this snap today after a misty day in dock and sent it to me to upload. Hows the stern gland repair going? As I think you're berthed near Polar Bear, if's theres a bald lad that has extremly long arms (ex climber) lurking about on it called Graham, mention my name and he'll give the 50p tour. Its very nice. If your'e still there tomorrow, I've told darren to give you a shout if he goes to the marina.

Regards

Stu and Darren

Jeff
Site Admin

Post by Jeff »

Hi Stu & Darren,

That's great seeing pictures of us from different angles, thank you!!!

Stern gland hasn't dripped a drop since I replaced it so I think we're all good on that front now. We motored through the haze to Amble yesterday, still no drips. Unfortunately that also means we've missed out on a tour of Polar bear. Would have liked that a lot! Quite a boat!

See you on the next lap!!

Jeff, Rose and Lunar