11th October 2009 - My TV is for sale.

Jeff's blog of his life living aboard a yacht, at anchor, in the UK, with his wife, a dog and a baby.

Moderator: Jeff

Jeff
Site Admin

11th October 2009 - My TV is for sale.

Post by Jeff »

Although I hate it, I do find myself watching a lot of TV when it's available - so it is with some trepidation that I have put it up for sale on Ebay:

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll? ... 0351695319

Eeek.

When I'm on the boat I really don't miss it a bit. We do watch a lot of DVDs courtesy of the _awesome_ selection in PYH marina's office rental collection (this is actually sarcasm) and Love Film (this isn't sarcasm), but not a great deal of TV. Don't know why. We get more channels on the boat via a Freeview USB device we plug in to one of our laptops, so you'd think we'd watch more there, but don't. Maybe TV watching desire increases proportionally with boredom levels, and I'm less bored on the boat. I definitely feel happier there. We've been back on land sorting out the house since last week and I'm increasingly keen to get back, regardless of weather. I honestly expected my urge to be in the tight space of the boat to decline with time - but as I've been on it for weeks straight since Feb, I think any 'honeymoon' effect due to simply having a change of scene would definitely have worn off.

Anyone want a TV?
To join our mailing list and receive notification of blog updates, please send an email to watchblog@yacht-forum.co.uk and we'll keep you posted. You do not need to sign up to the forum to do this, and we absolutely WILL NOT share your contact details, or send you anything but notifications of new blog entries.