Complete novice and advice sought

For the discussion of liveaboard specific topics.

Moderator: Jeff

FSDSMAN
YF Newbie

Post by FSDSMAN »

well ventured out a few times now - certainly more that some of the other "statics" in the marina. The most important bit of kit that I have purchased since getting the boat - a Cobb Supreme! What an awesome bit of kit. Cooking a whole leg of lamb, roast potatoes, veg perfectly in a barbeque that you can actually carry about when cooking as it is cold on the outside and cook anywhere when moored on a buoy after a jaunt down river.
Beats cooking in the galley with the heat and smells staying in the boat in this weather.
Jeff
Site Admin

Post by Jeff »

Yeah I'd probably have a Cobb if I didn't have a magma gas or charcoal marine kettle. We also have a Kelly kettle which is excellent for a brew.
To join our mailing list and receive notification of blog updates, please send an email to watchblog@yacht-forum.co.uk and we'll keep you posted. You do not need to sign up to the forum to do this, and we absolutely WILL NOT share your contact details, or send you anything but notifications of new blog entries.
Jeff
Site Admin

Post by Jeff »

Glad you're getting out and about! Get some nights at anchor under your belt. It's my absolute favourite thing to do. Something about the total independence. Had a great night in elender cove last night. Very out there feel.
To join our mailing list and receive notification of blog updates, please send an email to watchblog@yacht-forum.co.uk and we'll keep you posted. You do not need to sign up to the forum to do this, and we absolutely WILL NOT share your contact details, or send you anything but notifications of new blog entries.