Do stewardesses nightwatch when owners onboard

For the discussion of liveaboard specific topics.

Moderator: Jeff

MissPoppins
YF Newbie

Do stewardesses nightwatch when owners onboard

Post by MissPoppins »

Hi there,

I would like to ask if stewardesses need to do nightwatch when owners on board. I am on a 36 m MY currently, we just started a 2 months trip with owners on boards. We are two girls, we are overwhelmed with work, we do babysit and we do double triple works because so many things dont work on board. Ice machines not working, coffee machine not working properly, the plates and glassware are all over the boat rolled in towels, most machines not working which makes us lose lot of time. We, girls work from early morning till late night, which we do not mind as owners are adorable, but the crew is really bad. The Captain of the boat is being really rude, he was so rude to me just for asking what time would the boat in port to order flowers. I am doing translations, finding out info for captain as he cant speak any language than English. I drive the dingy as the deckhand is not able to do so. Last night they wore the stew up just after she finished after 2 am, to do nightwatch. We asked them to organize a bit, not just waking us up in the middle of night to do nightwatch. I did work on other boats, and never had to do nightwatch, as we stewardesses work really hard during the day. Our captain expects us to prepare around 20 coffees for him a day, make his room, and be his slave. The Mexican crew tells the stewardess really rude come and clean here! Can please anyone advise, we are desperate, with so lovely owners and such terrible crew and captain, who needs to sleep untill 10 am or longer and goes for hours of walk with owners on board.