Bloody bow thrusters

Discuss anything to do with safety, technical aspects of yachts and engineering, and anything else to do with yachts and yachting in here.

Moderator: Jeff

Terry T
YF Newbie

Bloody bow thrusters

Post by Terry T »

Just going to sea a fortnight ago .......tested the gearbox and bow thruster prior to casting of when the thruster sounded rough then just whirled like a disengaged starter motor :cry:
Was craned out .......found the fwd bearing had disintegrated due to sea water ingress so new bearing ,lip seal and lip seal bearing bush renewed ....... Seal bearing manufactured by local engineers ... Cost ?? Just under £1000 ,£780-83p was Marina lift etc bill :roll: all unplanned expenditure :evil:
Discus
RNLI Supporter
RNLI Supporter

Post by Discus »

B.O.A.T = Break Out Another Thousand! :x

Hope you are well Terry - heading anywhere nice?

Rob
Terry T
YF Newbie

Post by Terry T »

Hi Rob nice to hear from you ......at least someone is alive on here :lol:
No specific plans just going where the wind takes us . No more Marina after end of May so come what may we will be moving on by then .
You got any dates for your trip to Ireland and up north ? You never know you may see us on your travels.

Regards

Terry
Discus
RNLI Supporter
RNLI Supporter

Post by Discus »

Launch on the 18th, heading west from that date. Bit like you, going to go when and where the wind takes us. No real urgency to get to Scotland in double quick time so I think we will follow the weather. Still loads to do before launch though :(
Will keep an eye out for you! Give us a wave if you see us :D

Rob
Terry T
YF Newbie

Post by Terry T »

Are you still at the yacht haven quay ?
Jeff
Site Admin

Post by Jeff »

Sorry to hear about that Terry :(
To join our mailing list and receive notification of blog updates, please send an email to watchblog@yacht-forum.co.uk and we'll keep you posted. You do not need to sign up to the forum to do this, and we absolutely WILL NOT share your contact details, or send you anything but notifications of new blog entries.
Discus
RNLI Supporter
RNLI Supporter

Post by Discus »

Yep, still at the Quay, for my sins. Bit expensive now, will be glad to get afloat. No shower here so can only manage 3 days at a time before needing to go home for a soak!
Terry T
YF Newbie

Post by Terry T »

Rob let me know when you are down and I will give you the shower door code so you can use the super new showers /family rooms here .......till the end of the month .
PS The code changes every Monday :roll:
Jeff
Site Admin

Post by Jeff »

TIP: Fill bucket or sink with warm water, then with soap and a cloth, wash yourself.

;)
To join our mailing list and receive notification of blog updates, please send an email to watchblog@yacht-forum.co.uk and we'll keep you posted. You do not need to sign up to the forum to do this, and we absolutely WILL NOT share your contact details, or send you anything but notifications of new blog entries.
Discus
RNLI Supporter
RNLI Supporter

Post by Discus »

Terry T wrote:Rob let me know when you are down and I will give you the shower door code so you can use the super new showers /family rooms here .......till the end of the month .
PS The code changes every Monday :roll:
Cheers Terry, got to be better than a standpipe! :o

Jeff - useful tip! Will have to try it out! :lol:

Back down on weekend for another round!