Up to much??

Discuss anything to do with safety, technical aspects of yachts and engineering, and anything else to do with yachts and yachting in here.

Moderator: Jeff

Discus
RNLI Supporter
RNLI Supporter

2016 already?

Post by Discus »

Can't believe its already 2016, where did 15 go? Anyone with any plans for 2016 - places to go, jobs to do? Just getting used to the idea of fitting out for this year and grappling with the expense - new cooker already blown a hole in the budget! Is anyone still around or up to much?

Rob
Jeff
Site Admin

Post by Jeff »

Hi Rob! Great to hear from you!

Where's that link to your blog, I lost it. Did you keep the blog running for the year (I'll check when I get the link).

Did you see the article on us in Yachting Monthly? Made us sound like right amateurs hehe.

I've become a volunteer firefighter now which gives me little mini-adventures every couple of weeks - keeps my mind off the boat life, which all of us miss enormously.

Hope you and Mr's Rob are well, and that the boat is in good shape!!
To join our mailing list and receive notification of blog updates, please send an email to watchblog@yacht-forum.co.uk and we'll keep you posted. You do not need to sign up to the forum to do this, and we absolutely WILL NOT share your contact details, or send you anything but notifications of new blog entries.
Discus
RNLI Supporter
RNLI Supporter

Post by Discus »

Hey Jeff, good to hear you are well. Yes, we kept the blog running although I must admit a lot of the posts were done a bit after they actually happened. I blame the availability of the internet en route although it's probably down to me being lazy. Didn't realise how much time it took to write all this stuff online. Anyway, you can find us at www.fiveknotsonthelog.blogspot.co.uk
I didn't see you in Yachting Monthly - we cancelled our subscription back in April. Please tell me you have a digital copy, if so, e mail it to me...........pleeeeeease!!!!!!! We are currently up in Scotland but will be back home fairly soon before coming back up to get the boat ready for the coming season. Needless to say we eventually made it up here although the weather conspired against us at every stage. Full gory details in the blog.
I suppose you are like a real life Fireman Sam now. Sounds great, albeit a bit dangerous no doubt.

Great to hear from you. Hope Rose and family are well to.

Rob
Jeff
Site Admin

Post by Jeff »

Cheers Rob. Looks like you've been very busy indeed! Great stuff!

I don't have the article in electronic form unfortunately. It was in the November issue. Five whole pages of it! Just covers our round UK really, not the Towser years.
To join our mailing list and receive notification of blog updates, please send an email to watchblog@yacht-forum.co.uk and we'll keep you posted. You do not need to sign up to the forum to do this, and we absolutely WILL NOT share your contact details, or send you anything but notifications of new blog entries.
Discus
RNLI Supporter
RNLI Supporter

Post by Discus »

Er, bit of a slow reply - a month or so without internet to blame (long story). Will try to locate a back issue of YM, I really have to read that article!!!! As for us, this year we will pick up where we left off and cruise the west coast of Scotland fully, something we have wanted to do for 10 years or more. Should be back at it by the end of April, all details will be on the blog, hopefully a bit more regularly updated than last year.

Keep in touch!

Rob
Jeff
Site Admin

Post by Jeff »

Hi Rob, cheers for the update. Very jealous! Check out Easedale Island if you're stuck close to the mainland, it's a really quirky spot with a nice anchorage just North. Also, you must try McCloud and McCloud black pudding on Lewis. Not James McCloud's black pudding which is great but not as great.

I'm going sailing again shortly. I've been invited to join the local fire service race team in a multi-day multi-service race event in the Solent. 25 40 foot yachts and about 10 races in total.

I think I might be more of a hindrance than a help. I'll be trying to convince them to put on the autohelm and get the fishing rods out!

Have fun in Scotland! I look forward to the blog posts!
Discus
RNLI Supporter
RNLI Supporter

Post by Discus »

Will check it out - although the black pudding would be lost on us - vegetarians!!! Glad to hear you will be back afloat. Take solace in the fact that you might not win any race silverware but could get first prize for number of mackerel landed or first person to get the barbeque going 😊. Next thing you know, you'll be rejoining the ranks of boat owners.........

Rob 😉