Beware who you charter with.

Have a natter in here about anything you like. Witty, serious, interesting, inspirational - anything goes. Just like your own yacht club bar - but electronic! :)

Moderator: Jeff

gbointon
YF Newbie

Beware who you charter with.

Post by gbointon »

My new wife and I booked the sailing holiday of a life time. A six week charter including our wedding with Christmas and New Year rolled into one in the magical British and American Virgin Islands. The yacht was a real disappointment with a great many basic faults but some important issues such as non-compliant life jackets and fire extinguishers. Our boat was shabby and worn and the GPS did not work.2 days before our holiday finished we had an engine failure at sea. Our support from the charter company was very poor and when we raised these matters we received a very sarcastic reply with no apology and admitting no liability for the state of the boat. We have refuted their dismissive attitude and are now taking them to court. The director of the charter company who has refused to recognise her responsibility is LUCIE BARONE who runs this charter company also. The company we used was VPM Bestsail. I would advise anyone thinking of chartering with either of these companies to think again.
Dr G Bointon
admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

That's terrible! I hope your legal action is successful. Thank you for taking the time to post this information.