New Crewmember Arrives

Have a natter in here about anything you like. Witty, serious, interesting, inspirational - anything goes. Just like your own yacht club bar - but electronic! :)

Moderator: Jeff

bobholiday
RNLI Supporter
RNLI Supporter

New Crewmember Arrives

Post by bobholiday »

Meet our new crewmember of our new yacht. This is Lunar. 6 week old Parson Russell Terrier:

DaveA
RNLI Supporter
RNLI Supporter

Post by DaveA »

One of those things that I think all boats should have, looking good Bob, I like his patch, is that the reason for the name ?
Come on over to the best place to buy and sell your boaty bits www.sailroom.co.uk
bobholiday
RNLI Supporter
RNLI Supporter

Post by bobholiday »

Lunar (a she not a he)... lots of reasons for the name but the eye patch is because she's a pirate!

Puppies make me all soppy - it's embarrassing hehe :)
DaveA
RNLI Supporter
RNLI Supporter

Post by DaveA »

No reason to be, here we've been through quite a few pet changes, but the cutest has to be the feline ones, mind you, they were born here so we have become a little more attached than maybe we would have.
Not onboard pets, but we started off with just a dwarf lop eared rabbit, then took on a rescued alaskan malamute, then two gloucester old spot pigs, then one night I heard a cat outside in the middle of a very cold winter and let her in. She decided this was home and a few months later dropped five kittens
Out of the five, three survived
Two still live here and we couldn't possibly let them go
We had enough tears when one went to a mate

The dog is too big for my boat so the wife wants one just like yours

She's been told to wait :lol:
Come on over to the best place to buy and sell your boaty bits www.sailroom.co.uk
bobholiday
RNLI Supporter
RNLI Supporter

Post by bobholiday »

Ah, another animal loving family. We had a terrible time over the last year - we moved to Devon with 3 rescue cats we'd had for some years. Everything was fine for 12 months, then within the space of a few months we had two run over and one go missing... I don't think a non pet lover could understand how attached you can get :(
DaveA
RNLI Supporter
RNLI Supporter

Post by DaveA »

Sorry to hear that, and quite agree, they don't seem to realise at all. Though I must admit I'm a bit of a soft touch when it comes to animals. Just let one of the cats in through the office window, and watching the dog sitting there, outside, with the sister in laws horse also watching me, if I give way I'll end up with the horse in here too :lol:
And while I've been typing this, the other cats have arrived back from morning excercise, and the dog gave enough hints that he wanted to come in, so now they're all back to feeding, and driving me nuts.
Wouldn't be without them though, and the worry when they go off for a stroll when you're expecting them home is something else.
So no, I don't think a non animal lover has a clue