What do you miss ?

For the discussion of liveaboard specific topics.

Moderator: Jeff

DaveA
RNLI Supporter
RNLI Supporter

What do you miss ?

Post by DaveA »

As a liveaboard or ex-pat, are there things you miss ? something you find it hard to get hold of ?
If you've found a solution, what is it ? do you get the equivelant of red cross parcels from home ?
Come on over to the best place to buy and sell your boaty bits www.sailroom.co.uk
bobholiday
RNLI Supporter
RNLI Supporter

Post by bobholiday »

I don't know yet, as I'm not one - but plans are very much afoot to change that!

Hopefully, I'll let you know!! :D
DaveA
RNLI Supporter
RNLI Supporter

Post by DaveA »

:D
You and me both Bob :D
Main interest is because I'm thinking about setting up to supply things people need, so hurry up and move aboard :D
Come on over to the best place to buy and sell your boaty bits www.sailroom.co.uk
bobholiday
RNLI Supporter
RNLI Supporter

Post by bobholiday »

Might just have found the right boat to move onto. And have now secured a marina berth in Plymouth :)
DaveA
RNLI Supporter
RNLI Supporter

Post by DaveA »

Excellent news Bob, come on, you can't leave it like that, do tell :)
bobholiday
RNLI Supporter
RNLI Supporter

Post by bobholiday »

Cards very close to chest at the moment, don't want to jinx it!
DaveA
RNLI Supporter
RNLI Supporter

Post by DaveA »

No problem, let me know when you're ready
bobholiday
RNLI Supporter
RNLI Supporter

Post by bobholiday »

Well, good news! Funds released from the bank, offer accepted on a boat. All being well, we should be living aboard a Westerly Tempest in Plymouth Yacht Haven in under a month! Will post up some pics when I have them.

Westerly Tempest is quite small, but the layout I think will work for us.
DaveA
RNLI Supporter
RNLI Supporter

Post by DaveA »

Excellent news, looked at a Westerly this weekend (not the Centaur, another one) but the wife decided it's not quite right, women, logic always getting in the way of a good decision :lol:
Looking forward to the pic's now
Jeff
Site Admin

Post by Jeff »

Hi Dave, am now posting with my real name instead of bobholiday. Lot of things have happened since this chat. We spent about 99% of our time on the boat from Feb 2009 when we finally took possession of our Westerly Tempest. All went well, we liked it, we felt it could work, so a week ago we cleared out our house and have now let it out, so we're full time liveaboards now! Blogging it all here:

viewforum.php?f=50

Fiancee blogging also (though less often) here:

viewforum.php?f=51
To join our mailing list and receive notification of blog updates, please send an email to watchblog@yacht-forum.co.uk and we'll keep you posted. You do not need to sign up to the forum to do this, and we absolutely WILL NOT share your contact details, or send you anything but notifications of new blog entries.