Skipper needed!

Need another hand or two for your upcoming travels? Want to offer yourself as crew? Do so in here...

Moderator: Jeff

crabbymedic
RNLI Supporter
RNLI Supporter

Skipper needed!

Post by crabbymedic »

Hi there I am trying to organise 2 teams to enter into this years UK firefighters sailing challenge (ukfsc) representing South east coast ambulance service.

This year I am having terrible trouble trying to find Skippers for our boats.
This is a charity event raising money this year for th fire fighters charity, and care of police servivors.

The event has been held for the last 4 years and we have been entering a team for the last 3, doing progressivly better each year.
the event is from the 28th - 30th april starting at port solent chartering a sunsail sunfast 37. Its a one design fleet.

We usually meet the evening before so 27th to pick up the boat and get to know everyone,
Day one a passage race occasionally around the back of the isle of wight into Cowes yacht haven, for a night of corporate hospitality.
DAy two, 3-5 shorter round the can type races in the solent then back to Cowes for more coporate hospitality.
Day three,3-5 shorter races making our way back towards Portsmouth for prize giving.

I am looking for someone to help me skipper my boat, I am a day skipper, & need someone with more sailing and racing experience than me.
Unfortunatly I will need payment to take part. It will be dicounted to who ever takes up this place to £200.

Included for this is. Yacht charter, berthing fees at Cowes yacht haven, corporate hospitality for 2 nights, race fees,
I am also in the process of arranging some Henri LLoyd foul weather trousers for all crew, so they will be included too.

Please feel free to PM me for more info. Also see www.ukfsc.org.uk

Cheers

Rich