Safety @ Sea With Thanks

Post info on regional interest topics, plus any events/news from the world of Yachts.

Moderator: Jeff

Safety @ Sea
YF Newbie

Safety @ Sea With Thanks

Post by Safety @ Sea »

Safety at Sea

1990 to present date

I would like to say thank you to Sea Safety plus others for there kind words on behalf of my late fathers

(Richard Woodford MBE)

Work & efforts in the early 90`s campaigning for simple ERB Signal transmitter location systems to be fitted as standard to all small & midsized commercial & private vessels within UK waters.

His work will be remembered & will continue to push for more efforts in safety awareness in the private vessel sector.

Please Contact me Via P.M for further information on our contact details or any questions you may have

Safety at Sea 2015

Mr F Woodford MBE

Please note Safety @ Sea is a none profit Group or Company
Safety @ Sea
YF Newbie

Post by Safety @ Sea »

Maritime Safety Systems Award
I would like to re post a Recognition of thanks to Mr Richard Woodford for the campaign which lead to the safety of small marine craft whether commercial or private vessels in fitting basic ERB or Similar radio distress systems as standard back in 1990`s who which was awarded A – MBE for his roll in the campaign to raise safety standards for vessels & crews within UK & Euro Waters

This was a major step forward in safety for both the fishing industry & private sector within UK waters also a major help both to coastguard & National Life boat (RNLI) personal we still believed to this day a lot is owed to the late Richard Woodford for his efforts as today we have a full safety network that is still based on his original ideas but sadly little has been done over the years to equip private vessels sector Although DSC systems are wildly now standard on VHF units, We still campaign is honour to be recognized within the maritime Industry as little is known of his original efforts back in the early 1990`s

This is to Honour the Late Mr Richard.E.Woodford of Leamington Spa, who sadly died before his Honour was received.
Although we can announce Mr Woodfords Honour was accredited to his Son by St James Palace
Mr Frank E Woodford MBE in 1994 for services to transport (Maritime Safety)

Sea Safe UK & West Marine
Paul West

Please email me for future updates on Safety @ Sea UK or if you wish more information on promoting Safety @ Sea as we have been informed the campaign will restart later this year with to promote awareness within the maritime industry.

Ashton Marine Ind will be heading the campaign along with Safety @ Sea