Volvo MD5B Engine and 110S Saildrive For Sale

Got too much Sikaflex - or some spare antifoul... sell it in here.

Moderator: Jeff

Northseaman
YF Newbie

Volvo MD5B Engine and 110S Saildrive For Sale

Post by Northseaman »

Volvo MD5B engine for sale, 7.5hp single cylinder inboard engine to fit 110S saildrive from my Nicholson 27. Very good condition, starts first time, runs cleanly. Can email video of engine working. Upgrading to 18hp engine for cruising futher afield. £550 Buyer collects or can ship at cost.

Volvo 110S Saildrive also available including 2 blade fixed prop, very good working order, clean oil. £200ono
carbonnel
YF Newbie

Post by carbonnel »

Hi
You have posted a saildrive for sale can you give me more details.. I would like to fit it to an old cat I have.
David
David Hawkins
lauriecan
YF Newbie

Post by lauriecan »

Hi,

I have just bought a Nicholson 27 about 2 months ago so am interested in your engine upgrade and any other mods you have done. Mine has the 7.5 hp volvo with saildrive. Why are you changing? Did you find the 7.5 hp not powerful enough for long distance work? Or not good in a strong tide situation? Are you fitting saildrive to the 18hp unit?

Another question, my boat has all lines at the mast and I wonder of you have led your lines back to the cockpit and fitted a winch(es) on the coachroof? I plan to sail shorthanded or singlehanded and am thinking about having the main halyard and reefing lines led aft.

I am also thinking about installing a hot/cold pressurised water system to upgrade the exisitng manual water pump system. Have you done this?

best wishes

Laurie
Floydgk24
YF Newbie

md2b

Post by Floydgk24 »

I realise this advert is 2 yrs old and your engine is probably long gone if so, have you heard of anyone else selling one recently.cheers floyd