Albin Vega but bigger??

Discuss anything to do with safety, technical aspects of yachts and engineering, and anything else to do with yachts and yachting in here.

Moderator: Jeff

Lanark
YF Newbie

Albin Vega but bigger??

Post by Lanark »

Hi,

I'm new to the forum and am looking for a bit of advice for buying a sailing yacht. I've been having a look at Albin Vega's and have the impression that these are great value for money as well as being solid for offshore sailing (we plan on doing a fair bit of this). Another thing that we liked with the Vega is that there seems to be, for want of a better term, a classic car-style scene around these older boats. The ones we have seen are well taken care of, refurbished often with new engine installed. What we're worried about is that the Vega might be slightly small for our needs as we had originally planned to buy something between 30-33 ft. As we're new to the British boat market we were wondering if anyone could recommend a boat with a similar profile to the Albin Vega but just slightly bigger? I'm aware that Albin produced larger boats but I haven't found too many for sale and there doesn't seem to be the same buzz about them as there is with the Vega. Is there anything else that you folks could recommend?

Lanny
Discus
RNLI Supporter
RNLI Supporter

Post by Discus »

Good news, there is literally loads of choice! Straight away, I would be looking at the Nicholson 32, Contessa 32, Twister28, Rustler 31, Nicholson 31, Halmatic 30............... possibilities are endless!

Albin made a bigger model called the Ballard at around 30ft LOA.

Google will throw up all sorts of boats above for sale at all sorts of prices.

Happy hunting!

Rob
Jeff
Site Admin

Post by Jeff »

Welcome!

What Rob said.

:D
To join our mailing list and receive notification of blog updates, please send an email to watchblog@yacht-forum.co.uk and we'll keep you posted. You do not need to sign up to the forum to do this, and we absolutely WILL NOT share your contact details, or send you anything but notifications of new blog entries.