Launching and Lifting out

Have a natter in here about anything you like. Witty, serious, interesting, inspirational - anything goes. Just like your own yacht club bar - but electronic! :)

Moderator: Jeff

cpedw
YF Newbie

Launching and Lifting out

Post by cpedw »

Every year, around the middle of March, Blue Shift gets lifted into the water. Then each Autumn, she's lifted back out. It has been reported to me, by someone who knows me better than most, that around each of these times I get ridiculously tetchy. She puts it down to the stress I feel as the boatyard experts transfer my pride and joy between hard standing and water and vice-versa. I would point out that there are several tasks that need to be seen to around these times and it's making sure they have all been done that keeps me on my toes in my opinion.
Do others suffer similarly from stress at the start and end of the season or is it just me?
Derek
bendyone
RNLI Supporter
RNLI Supporter

Lifting

Post by bendyone »

yes seeing my boat hanging on a length of wire always makes me worry :(
DaveA
RNLI Supporter
RNLI Supporter

Post by DaveA »

Zat you James ? :o Bendyone beat me to it :D

Having watched my Birchwood lifted out, I launched Sixpence down a ramp, neither of which had a good feel about it. Think I'll just leave her in now :D
bendyone
RNLI Supporter
RNLI Supporter

Post by bendyone »

Sixpence wrote:Zat you James ? :o Bendyone beat me to it :D

Having watched my Birchwood lifted out, I launched Sixpence down a ramp, neither of which had a good feel about it. Think I'll just leave her in now :D
yep its me, another forum to watch :o
DaveA
RNLI Supporter
RNLI Supporter

Post by DaveA »

Hi James, good to hear from you. How's the family doing ?. Have you seen the pics of Sixpence yet ?. Couldn't have done the job without the loan of your trailer mate, much appreciated.
bendyone
RNLI Supporter
RNLI Supporter

Post by bendyone »

Hi Dave, I've seen the pics of Sixpence looks very good but what a lot of hard work. Give me plastic anytime.
All is good here with the family, but too busy work wise, only been to the boat a few time this year but hopefully may get a week in September.
DaveA
RNLI Supporter
RNLI Supporter

Post by DaveA »

Know what you mean mate, been a tad busy here too. But at least I've managed a fair ammount of sailing too :D pity it's been on other peoples boats though. Still trying to sort out the mast and rigging here, and collected a load of stuff to help with that, but now it's too hot to work on her.
Come on over to the best place to buy and sell your boaty bits www.sailroom.co.uk